Monday, March 9, 2015

My Journey Towards Treating Exfoliative Cheilitis

One of the really hard parts about having exfoliative cheilitis is the inflammation. I couldn't stand it. It would burn when I ate, when I would brush my teeth, and when I slept.  I refused to apply anything on my lips at that time and it was not only making it dry, but it also didn't help with the inflammation. This is what I knew: I had to start curing myself as soon as possible. That meant having to be extra cautions about what to put on my lips, and at that time, I didn't trust any product fully. This fueled me to do the necessary research on everything that I decided to put on my very sensitive lips.
Here is a list of all the things I decided to put on my lips.

1) Aloe Vera Gel.

As I mentioned earlier, the inflammation was unbearable at first, which prompted me to seek a natural anti-inflammatory product. I heard Aloe Vera gel being used for sunburns before, so I decided to give it a try. I used the real aloe gel straight from the leaves of the plant. Sometimes I would store the leaves in the fridge to increase the cooling effect it had. It did help with the anti-inflammatory effect and it was really soothing besides the very bitter taste. One thing I didn't really like about it was the fact that it would get really gooey when I would try and wash it off; the gel didn't absorb onto my lip skin very well. I did not continue to use this as much as I wanted to because I ran out ( I used it for about a month tops). I really do not know what would have happened had I continued to use it, maybe I would have gotten better faster. I really don't know. Maybe someone can use it and stick with it and find out the real effects of aloe vera.

2) Vitamin E Oil

I think I got this idea from curezone. I bought a bottle of Vitamin E pills and started applying it on my lips, this was around the same time I started using the aloe gel. One thing I will say about this product is that it is extremely sticky. If you are prone to acne, I would probably stay away from it. What it did do was kind of disguise the yellow crust on my lips. I think it was because the gel was really shiny and

No comments:

Post a Comment